Independent valuations of a business are often needed for purposes including preparing for or negotiating a sale, a equity fund raise, shareholder transactions, share schemes, net worth statements, tax reporting and even divorce cases. And that’s when our business valuations experts can help.
What does this service provide?
If you need an independent valuation of your business, here’s some of the support our specialists can offer:
- We provide independent, pragmatic and commercial opinions on the valuation of private companies and provide a detailed valuation report.
- Our assurance will allow you to make decisions for a range of purposes including exit planning, divorce settlements, tax valuation including EMI option schemes, incoming and exiting shareholders, shareholder disputes, share buy-backs and retirement sales for minority shareholders.
- We use technology wisely. We can value your business remotely regardless where of where it is located within the UK.
Important things to consider
- It is important to choose a valuer that has both the theoretical and practical expertise of conducting business valuations. A business is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
- Market conditions are continually changing. Your valuer needs to be close to the market to give you appropriate advice.
- If you make decisions based on an inappropriate valuation, the transaction you are planning could easily collapse.
- Many business owners have an unrealistic opinion of the value of their business. This can be a major hindrance, either way, and can lead to poor decision making and often disappointment.
How much will the service cost?
Our fees are designed to ensure that we are totally aligned with your objectives. We have designed, over years of experience, a balance between commitment fees and success fees that makes sure that we are “in it together”. Our objective is for clients to always see value in our fees that significantly exceeds cost.
What should I do next?
If you would like Shaw & Co to independently assess the value of your business, please contact one of our corporate finance experts shown on this page, or click the arrange a meeting button.
“Valuation is a specialist area and we bring to bear all of our market knowledge, technical expertise and real-world experience to develop the most practical valuation for your purpose. We have experience as expert witnesses for court cases and have defended our opinions in the most testing of circumstances. Our valuations provide a robust basis for negotiation should you need it.”Jim Shaw, Founder & Partner