Growing a business comes with a range of challenges and recognising the common pitfalls associated with growth can be the difference between success and failure.
What does this service provide?
If you need to grow your business, here’s some of the support our specialists can offer:
- We offer strategic advice on how to grow a business including funding options and acquiring a competitor or merging with another business.
- We offer advice on how to scale your business in a responsible manner to avoid the risk of ‘overtrading’.
- We will assess whether you are growing to overcome problems such as responding to strong competition or if you are growing because of success.
Important things to consider
- Rapid uncontrolled growth – known as overtrading – can lead to your business becoming unsustainable. Growth can put pressure on staff and resources as well as financial and management structures.
- Rapid growth may lead to issues such as outgrowing your premises, drops in staff morale due to not coping with extra work therefore impacting productivity, or losing touch with your competitors’ activities.
- Growth without paying attention to your liabilities and sufficiency of your capital can lead to business failure. Proper financial planning can mitigate this risk.
- The entirety of your business needs to be positioned for growth which must include all your financial capital, human capital and data capital. If you’re not prepared for this, you could run into problems.
How much will the service cost?
Our fees are designed to ensure that we are totally aligned with your objectives. We have designed, over years of experience, a balance between commitment fees and success fees that makes sure that we are “in it together”. Our objective is for clients to always see value in our fees that significantly exceeds cost.
What should I do next?
If you would like Shaw & Co to help you grow a business, please contact one of our corporate finance experts shown on this page, or click the arrange a meeting button.
“It’s many people’s ambition to grow a business, but there are many aspects that you must not overlook. We often come across business owners who fall foul of the cliché “if you fail to plan, you’re planning to fail.” Getting the right advice from corporate finance specialists who routinely help businesses to grow can be the difference between success and failure.”Jim Shaw, Founder & Partner