When you need property finance, there are many lenders and brokers offering a multitude of funding solutions. Our service provides property development clients with the added reassurance of strategic financial advice.
What does this service provide?
If you need a minimum of £1m to finance a property project, here’s some of the support our service offers:
- We will take a holistic view of your funding requirements and critique and optimise your property funding plan. If applicable, we can also conduct an analysis to generate real cash flow savings from your existing assets and funding arrangements.
- After our analysis, we will prepare your property funding pack which includes cash flow modelling.
- If required, we will also incorporate and manage external valuations as part of the funding process.
- We will approach property finance lenders across the ‘whole market’ including traditional banks, alternative lenders and bridging finance providers.
- We will negotiate an optimised funding solution that meets your precise requirements including bridging arrangements, term loans and interest only loans.
- On your behalf, we will manage all the due diligence and legal closing processes.
Important things to consider
- Our service is available for non-regulated property lending only. This excludes borrower’s primary residence.
- When you access property finance, the loan is typically secured against the property. In some cases, a wider property portfolio may also be used as collateral and you must be prepared to offer this.
- Our property finance service is only suitable for property investors/developers that have a funding requirement of £1m or more.
- If you approach a property finance broker offering a seemingly “free” service, be mindful that they will typically have a narrow set of commission paying lender relationships, so you may not get the best deal. Shaw & Co is fully independent, takes no lender commission and has deep expertise of the traditional, alternative and bridging finance markets providing you and all of market. Our fees, whilst paid by our clients to ensure our independence, will result in the same or similar cost to using a traditional property broker with the enhanced benefits of our advisory service.
- Getting property financing at the cheapest interest rate may not be the best funding option for your needs. The wider terms and their impact on your overall property strategy are important considerations in our advisory service.
How much will the service cost?
Our fees are designed to ensure that we are totally aligned with your objectives. We have designed, over years of experience, a balance between commitment fees and success fees that makes sure that we are “in it together”. Our objective is for clients to always see value in our fees that significantly exceeds cost.
We pass back to the client any commissions or inducements from lenders, so customers won’t lose the advantage of this cost saving, which in some cases would mean the client is not out of pocket for any fees at all.
What should I do next?
If you require £1m or more to fund a property project and would like Shaw & Co to explore suitable financing solutions, please contact one of our property finance experts shown on this page, or click the arrange a meeting button.
“The property finance market offers plentiful capital and a huge variety of products from a myriad of lenders, so the most optimal solution is rarely obvious. Making the market work for a property entrepreneur takes a strategic focus from an expert adviser, as well as a strong access to lenders and rich transaction experience.”Alexei Garan, Head of Debt Advisory