If you are thinking about approaching investors for funding to grow your business, you need to be at the right level of investment readiness to succeed. Fail to do so and your efforts could be wasted, and your business left behind. And that’s when our Investment Readiness experts can help.
What does this service provide?
If you need to get your business ready for investment, here’s some of the support our specialists can offer:
- You may opt to enrol onto our Funding Academy programme that provides you with the knowledge and tools to get you investment ready.
- You can engage with us on a one to one basis where we will challenge your business model and strategic value and help articulate that in financial terms ready for the marketplace.
- We can help structure the most attractive proposition of your business and present it to investors.
- We can identify suitable business financing solutions through our network of 700+ lenders, funds, family offices and HNW networks and match you with the investor that best meets your requirements.
Important things to consider
- Being ill-prepared when approaching investors for funding can leave you without a deal.
- If you do not correctly articulate the value of your business, you are at risk doing the transaction at an ‘under-value’. This could leave you with a disconnect between you and the investor which is not healthy for a long-term relationship.
- Without fully preparing for an investment process you can be left overwhelmed with information requests and left on the back foot, or worse unable to respond in a timely manner.
How much will the service cost?
Our fees are designed to ensure that we are totally aligned with your objectives. We have designed, over years of experience, a balance between commitment fees and success fees that makes sure that we are “in it together”. Our objective is for clients to always see value in our fees that significantly exceeds cost.
What should I do next?
If you would like Shaw & Co to help with your investment readiness, please contact one of our corporate finance experts shown on this page, or click the arrange a meeting button.
“When thinking about taking external investment to grow your business, you must prepare thoroughly. This might be the first time that you have had to explain the inner workings of your business and your value proposition in such intimate detail. Ensuring you can answer, and have the data to support, questions is critical. You also need to be able to really articulate the value in your business and ensure that potential investors see you as standing out from the crowd.”Jim Shaw, Founder & Partner