Growing your business is an exciting process but knowing how to finance growth can seem daunting. The funding landscape is complex with many lenders offering a myriad of financing solutions. Our business financing experts can help you navigate the complexity and arrange business financing that’s right for you.
What does this service provide?
If you need fully informed independent advice on business financing, here’s some of the support our specialists can offer:
- We will help you prepare for funding by advising on the most suitable financing options for your business including debt financing, equity and unsecured lending.
- We will identify suitable business financing solutions through our network of 700+ lenders, funds, family offices and HNW networks.
- We will highlight the varying criteria different lenders will have for business funding.
- We will manage the process of representing your business in the most professional way to suitable lenders.
Important things to consider
- Before seeking any form of external business funding, you must have a plan that demonstrates that the return expected from investing the funds outweighs the cost of capital. This must be robust in numerous scenarios.
- Regardless of who you’re planning to borrow from and the type of lending you’re looking for, it’s essential that you’re clear on the assets you’re prepared to offer up as security, how much regular free cashflow can support any borrowing or how much of an equity stake you’d be comfortable giving up.
- Before you start researching your financing options, it’s wise to know what you want. Are you looking for long-term financing? Do you need cash within days? Do you need the money to refinance debt or buy real estate? Many types of financing not only have a range of turnaround times from application to payout, but they may also have rules on how the money is spent.
- Knowing which lenders to approach, what they are looking for and pitching to them in the right way can help prevent wasted time and lost opportunities.
- Shaw & Co have no affiliation to any lender, or lender commission arrangements and we offer truly independent funding advice.
How much will the service cost?
Our fees are designed to ensure that we are totally aligned with your objectives. We have designed, over years of experience, a balance between commitment fees and success fees that makes sure that we are “in it together”. Our objective is for clients to always see value in our fees that significantly exceeds cost.
What should I do next?
If you would like Shaw & Co to help you arrange business financing, please contact one of our corporate finance experts shown on this page, or click the arrange a meeting button.
“The funding landscape is complex and matching your needs to the appropriate finance from a mass of options is an intricate business. With no affiliation to any particular lender, or investor or any commission arrangements, our advice is truly independent. Any time you want to bring third party finance into your business, we can help. We have access to the right solutions and will help you to bypass much of the labyrinth.”Alexei Garan, Head of Debt Advisory