The impact of Covid19 has affected the cashflow of many large UK businesses. The Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) is available to support larger businesses access funds. If you need help to access emergency funding, our CLBILS Support Service can help.
Helping large businesses during a national crisis
You are of course able to access CLBILS funds by approaching approved lenders directly. However, as a larger business your borrowing requirements are likely to be more complex. Professional support from funding experts may be needed to advise on the most appropriate and cost-effective funding solution.
Our CLBILS Support Service is available if your business has been hit by lack of resource in your finance department, you are not confident in making an approach to your lender, or your CLBILS application has been rejected and you wish to appeal or approach other lenders.
If you need help accessing CLBILS, here’s some of the support our experts can offer:
- Maximise support. We can make sure your CLBILS plan demonstrably maximises the support offered by the government. We have a working knowledge of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, VAT deferrals, Time to Pay arrangements, rates relief and other initiatives.
- Robust forecasts. We can advise you on the revenue deferrals and cost mitigations that lenders consider reasonable and acceptable when presenting your projected cashflows as part of a robust financial model.
- Repayment plans. We can help you set out a business plan that demonstrates affordability to the lender and gives you peace of mind.
- Negotiate security. We can help you negotiate the structure of the security with your lender and its interaction with existing facility providers making sure that all existing facilities and security arrangements are accommodated, or modified where required.
- Resource allocation. You may have more pressing things you need to deal with in your business that you cannot outsource. We can be the extension of your finance team that manages much of the CLBILS process for you.
Important things to consider
- The Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CLBILS) provides financial support to mid-sized and larger UK businesses across the UK that are losing revenue, and seeing their cashflow disrupted, as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
- CLBILS is available through a range of British Business Bank accredited lenders and partners, listed on the British Business Bank website.
- CLBILS facilitates access to finance for businesses with a turnover above £45 million, the upper limit for the existing smaller-business focused Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS), and less than £500 million. If your business has turnover of less than £45m see our CBILS Support Service.
- The maximum facility provided under the scheme is £200 million available on repayment terms of up to three years.
- The maximum size for invoice finance and asset finance facilities remains at £50m. Companies borrowing more than £50m through CLBILS will be subject to further restrictions on dividend payments, senior pay and share buy-backs during the period of the loan.
- The scheme provides the lender with a government-backed, partial guarantee (80%) against the outstanding balance of the finance.
- Instruments include term loans, revolving credit facilities, invoice finance and asset finance.
- Finance terms are offered from 3 months to 3 years.
- No personal guarantees are permitted for facilities under £250,000. For facilities of £250,000 and over, claims on personal guarantees cannot exceed 20% of losses after all other recoveries have been applied.
For more details about the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme, please refer to our CLBILS FAQs page.
How much does the CLBILS Support Service cost?
Our fees are set out in our CLBILS FAQs page. We are offering substantial discounts to our normal fees to support the SME community during this crisis.
What should I do next?
If you would like Shaw & Co to help your business access funds under the Coronavirus Large Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS), please click the button below to complete a small survey.
A member of our team will endeavour to discuss your requirements within 48 hours of submission.